We live in an uncertain world.
Crises can hit any organisation, big and small.
You have spent a lot of time, effort and money building up your business. One incident, badly handled, could destroy years of hard work. If you can’t provide a service to your customers for any reason, you can be sure your competitors will!
You just need to look at the news
- CoronaVirus (COVID-19) (Jan 2020)
- Travelex IT Outage (Jan 2020)
- Tesco – Christmas Cards issues (Dec 2019)
- Northern Rail and Southern Rail (2018-19)
- Equifax Data Breach (2017)
- Facebook – Cambridge Analytica Scandal (2017)
These are the the ones which made the papers. There are thousands of other organisations which fail as a result of poor crisis preparedness.
Being prepared effectively can:
- Reduce Costs – a well designed and executed plan can bring your business back to BAU quicker and more cost effectively.
- Keep your customers – if you can’t service your customers, your competitors will.
- Develop a competitive advantage – being resilient and responsive helps beat competitors and attract new customers
- Prevent issues happening in the first place – introducing preventative measures to keep your business moving.
O-BC helps businesses like yours be safe and secure – Cost effectively!
Benefits of an external assessment
- Reduction in risk of incidents
- Improved overall performance and efficiency
- Removal of uncertainty and inconsistency by managing disruption
- Greater clarification of staff responsibility
- Improved internal communication
- A major contribution to help reduce insurance costs.
- Better public perception
- Better market perception
- Provides confidence for your customers, trade partners, stakeholders, regulators, local authority.
- Competitive advantage / market differentiation
- Demonstrates transparency and accountability
“I worked with Rob on various BC and risk related projects while at Capita.
In that time I found Rob to be not only a true subject matter expert, but also very client focused, and much respected by peers and his client base.
Rob was well versed in both client and Capita’s corporate needs and soon became a trusted ‘go to’ person, with expert technical knowledge and experience in the sensible application of solutions to mitigate risks. He was always the first peer that I would go to for sense checks; it was a loss when he left Capita.
As well as being unflappable, sensible and reliable, he is a pleasure to know and will be a good fit for any team or company.”
Paul Evans – Group Head of Business Resilience at Capita plc
“Rob transformed the Business Continuity programme of our business. His knowledge and experience were invaluable in improving the risk profile of our business with our insurers and made a significant difference to the resilience of the business.He worked flexibly and created excellent relations within the business to bring people on board. We will be using his services again.”
Mike Pawson – Finance Director Greenhous Group Ltd
“Rob has a pragmatic, engaging and progressive approach which enables him to evolve existing business continuity, building on existing foundations, working through others and thereby ensuring any changes are embraced and implemented appropriately.
Rob readily works across the business, flexing his approach to the audience, playing an active role in the management of escalated incidents (crisis management), working with senior leadership, subject matter experts and front line services to achieve effective, timely resolution, whilst minimising operational impact on colleagues and customers.”
Jaedon Green – Chief Customer Officer at Leeds Building Society
“Under Rob’s leadership and driven by his knowledge and determination we achieved and consistently maintained ISO27001 certification and business continuity standards over many years.
Importantly he understood and worked within our commercial constraints. That cost effective compliance was invaluable to me leading contract and regulatory compliance at Capita Customer Management.
Rob was much appreciated by our clients and our operations – working closely with all stakeholders to deliver their needs in a practical and cost effective way. I would recommend Rob to anyone who needs a down-to-earth touchstone along their ISO27001/business continuity journey.”
Joe Fricker – General Counsel, Capita Customer Management
“When a long-standing client of ours needed support with Business Continuity planning as part of a complex bid process, I did not hesitate to recommend Rob to them. Within a matter of days, he had provided invaluable advice, guidance and practical support to the client. They were amazed at the progress made in such a short timeframe, and delighted with the quality of the outputs. From my perspective, I could see the effort and expertise that Rob brought to the project, helping to further enhance Onto the Page’s reputation with our client. I can’t wait for the next opportunity to get Rob involved in one of our projects – he really does know his stuff!
Emma Jaques – MD Onto The Page Ltd
Rob is straight talking and level-headed, which are two characteristics you want around you in a crisis. He is a true ‘specialist’ with the experience and broader capability to judge how his thinking should be applied in a changeable business environment. Whether implementing/testing policies and processes, or steering senior management through acute business incidents Rob is entirely dependable. He is also someone who can innately help to galvanise a team.
Phil Lofthouse MBA MCIPS – Head of Function – Financial Services