We live in an uncertain world.
Crises can hit any organisation, big and small.
You have spent a lot of time, effort and money building your business up. One incident, badly handled, could destroy years of hard work. If you can’t provide a service to your customers for any reason, you can be sure your competitors will!!
In 2018 alone, we’ve seen newsworthy incidents for many organisations:
- TSB – IT outage – https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44370802
- Facebook – Cambridge Analytica Scandal
- Northern Rail and Southern Rail
These are the the ones which made the papers. There are thousands of other organisations which fail as a result of poor crisis preparedness.
Being prepared effectively can:
- Reduce Costs – a well designed and executed plan can bring your business back to BAU quicker and more cost effectively.
- Keep your customers – if you can’t service your customers, your competitors will.
- Develop a competitive advantage – being resilient and responsive helps beat competitors and attract new customers
- Prevent issues happening in the first place – introducing preventative measures to keep your business moving.
O-BC helps businesses like yours be safe and secure – Cost Effectively!
Benefits of an external assessment
- Reduction in risk of incidents
- Improved overall performance and efficiency
- Removal of uncertainty and inconsistency by managing disruption
- Greater clarification of staff responsibility
- Improved internal communication
- A major contribution to help reduce insurance costs.
- Better public perception
- Better market perception
- Provides confidence for your customers, trade partners, stakeholders, regulators, local authority.
- Competitive advantage / market differentiation
- Demonstrates transparency and accountability